Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What is bullet proof coffee?

So I was talking with a friend about the bullet proof coffee. I had no idea what the heck that was. I did some research and found out that it was a special type and process of making coffee. What I found interesting was the way the "bullet proof "coffee was made. What they do is mix fats with the coffee and then blend them together.  So what is so different from mixing your normal coffee ingredients with a spoon? There are fats in that to right. Well the difference is in the way the fats and caffeine in the coffee interact. When blended this causes an emulsification process between the two. The result is a stable release of the caffeine and an avoidance of the "crash". The other part about coffee selection is not as important as the process itself in my opinion. As long as you use good coffee you should be fine. The fats are dairy and MCT'S. The MCT'S are from coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment