Monday, February 14, 2011

Time crunched training

As we carry on with our life's everything seems to become more and more time crunched. You get some sort of career job and a family and life just seems to keep getting in the way. This leads to the number one excuse for all training enthusiasts and people who would like to get in shape. "I don't have enough time to workout and get in shape." Let me tell you all something this is the biggest lie in the universe. Everybody seems to make time to do everything else but when it comes to training and getting in shape some black hole comes out of the reaches of the twilight zone and eats up all your time. If you can make time for tv and everything else you can make time to train. You might not have the time and dedication to be the next Mr. Olympia or universe or something like that but you can definitely get in good shape and healthy for yourself. A lot of this "crunched" for time attitude is actually poor time management. If people would just schedule a little bit better and prioritize things the way they should be we could all be at minimum healthier and happier. Trust me I know there was a time in my life when I worked 18 hrs a day six days a week and guess what? That's right I still had time to train and compete and be successful in bodybuilding. Some of you are thinking yeah right that is impossible but it wasn't I did it. I am not saying that it was easy there were days when I would lay down to go to sleep and wake up with my feet still on the floor I just fell asleep that way. But looking back I have no regrets it was all worth it. Even if you truly have very little time and cannot access the gym you could organize training sessions on your breaks at work. You do not need to go to the gym you could do a routine based in calisthenics push ups, sit ups free squats ect. If you have access to a gym during your break time you have no excuse. Another technique that I have discussed in previous posts is splitting your training routine. This is a technique that I have adapted over time and has paid off immensely. Just look up splitting your routine on my blog and you can find it. No matter how "crunched" you are for time you can always do some crunches or at train that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment