Sunday, February 13, 2011

Split your rest days to inrease your success!!!

We seem to be wired to be sort of lazy by nature. I think this is an evolutionary or adaptive throwback that we have gained from a time once passed. Back when we had to conserve energy for what we needed to do which was hunt and gather. Unfortunately today all gathering is is hoping in the gas powered car and driving to the nearest fast food place to eat some sort of junk. Anyway we are wired to be lazy and it works against our goals. How many successful people do you hear about bragging how they spent the last part of a week sloughing around the house and laying on the sofa. Probably none right. As they say practice makes perfect. But yes I live in reality and I know that wee have to rest to recuperate. I wish I could just keep going non stop and training while I recuperated at the same time. But the ugly truth is that non of us can. So what should you do the you should work as much as you can and split your rest days. What I mean by this is that most people who train tend to rest two consecutive days in a row. This increases your down time and decreases your training time. The more you train the more calories burned and muscle gains achieved. So what I suggest for you to do is to make your rest day Sunday and Wednesday instead of Saturday and Sunday. My actual rest days are Sunday and Wednesday because they are almost at equal portions of the week apart. Whatever your days make sure that they are split rest days and watch your routine produce even more results for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment